Thursday, January 19, 2006

It's the first week of the new semester. I've already worn sweatpants twice, I think that's a pretty good sign... lol. So far, it's been a rather weird start to things, but oh well, I'm surviving. Halley and I are rooming together now and I'm really enjoying that. We have a lot of fun together. I haven't gotten to catch up with the other girls as much as I would like to yet... I've had basketball and have been sleeping a lot for some reason, not to mention I've had a royal case of PMS, so haven't really been in the mood to be very conversational. You know those days when there are things that are upsetting you, that you know really aren't that big of a deal, but yet you still sit there and cry anyways? I've basically been like that since the semester started... lol. Now, I'll give myself a little bit of a credit, there are some things that were legitimately upsetting and I was allowed to cry. However, most of the things that have made me feel so overwhelmed lately are nothing, and will probably not even be on my mind at this time next week. Sometimes it sucks being girl and having your hormones go absolutley psycho on you. Oh well.... this too shall pass. For the time being, I have just decided not to let myself make any serious decisions, because I'm way too emotional and would probably end up making a fool of myself... lol.
I accepted the track job at Mooney. I know it's going to be a lot of work, especially with doing JO at the same time, but I can do it. I'm just not going to have a life on the weekends for the majority of the semester. I also got inducted into PME yesterday, the math honor society. They made me secretary right on the spot... we'll see how that goes for me. I'm a little bit nervous because I can't be at all the meetings because of coaching. But the way I see it is this: When I go to apply for jobs, they are going to care more about the fact that I have experience coaching three sports than they are about the fact that I was in PME. That's a fact. So coaching is higher on the priority list for me... not to mention the fact that I really enjoy it, and I'm getting paid to coach track and volleyball... so they need to come first.
My classes don't seem like they're going to be all that difficult. I'm really happy about that. I mean, I'll have to work at them, but not quite as difficult and time consuming as last semester, that's nice. In my education class, I am going to have to teach a lesson to a class. Well, if I can find a classroom to let me. Otherwise, just to at least one student. I have suddenly come to the realization that I am scared to death of facing a classroom full of students and teaching them. If it were elementary students, I wouldn't be as scared... but when I graduate, I will only be like, four years older than the students I am teaching. And for some reason, that scares me. I shouldn't be intimidated... but for some reason, I am. I'm scared that students are just going to walk all over me, or that I will be a horrible teacher and nobody will understand things, and I don't know... just the whole idea of it scares me. I'm sure once I start getting more experience throughout the next few years, I'll be ok... but it's still really scary. After this semester, I only have three more semesters before I do my student teaching. It's really not that far away...
As far as the men in my life go... there aren't any. That's about it. There's nobody that's interested in me, and I'm trying not to let myself be interested in anyone... haha. It is at this point that I will now cut myself off and not allow myself to saw anymore. This is the part where I am emotional and will say things I will later regret... lol. Saying that I'm trying not to let myself be interested in anyone is a good place to stop. haha
I guess that's just about it... I'm going to go to lunch at Noodles now... I pretty much live there now.

***Quote of the Day***
"Do not fear! Stand by and see the salvation of the Lord which He will accomplish for you..."
-Exodus 14:13

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home