I have been sick for over a week now. Let me tell you... this is not fun. I have been living at home since Saturday. Not that I don't love my family. They are amazing... I love them to pieces. I just really miss being at the dorms. Considering I go to bed at 8 or 9 every night, home is the best place for me, I just really miss everyone. The doc said if I'm not better by Friday, I have to get tested for mono. Friday is tomorrow. I don't know if I'm going to go back or not. The whole stuffy nose thing is better, but he told me that should get better with the medicine I'm taking. My throat is still really sore, and my glands are still taking over my neck. They are so swollen that you can see them sticking out of my neck. That's gross. And I still sleep like it's my job. Eight or nine hours of sleep every night, and at least a two hour nap every day. That's a crazy amount of sleep. Not that I don't enjoy it... haha. I love sleeping.
So my talk went really well on Saturday. In fact, Dr. Faires said he wants to work with me on it, and he wants me to present it at the national conference in Knoxville in August. That should be pretty cool. Dr. Faires was also talking to me the other day about how he wants me to go to grad school for math instead of becoming a high school teacher. Sometimes I think my professors overestimate my intelligence. I don't think I'm smart enough to do that. And I don't know if I want to or not... I mean, it would be great to get a grad assitantship and get more school for free, but I don't know if I'm really that passionate about math. My original plan was to get my masters in counseling from West Minster after I get a job teaching high school math. And I really, really want to coach. That is one of my passions in life. It would be tough to coach if I wasn't working in the school system. I don't know. I have time to figure it out, it just all stuff to think about.
Ok, I'm really tired now. I need to go take a nap.

1 Comments:
He is certainly not overestimating your intelligence. If that is what you wanted to do, you could do it. But that's just it Carrie, you have to follow your heart. If coaching is what you have a passion for, you should coach. You could always go back to school later if you decided to futher your education. But get a job doing something you love, so that you live to work, and don't work to live. I'm reading a book right now called "Cure for the Common Life" and it's all about finding your niche in life... I'll give it to you when I'm done if your interested, or I'll just tell you about it. I hope you're feeling better soon. It sucks that you've been sick for so long. We all miss you. Love you hun! ~Lau
Post a Comment
<< Home