Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Hmmm...today was weird. I had a great day up until about 11:30. Let's start with the good news first. I kept myself in a good mood all day today. I know that sounds stupid, but I was really proud of myself. It took a lot of strength to keep that smile on my face all day long, but I did it. And you know what? I was genuinely happy all day long. I don't why I was suddenly able to do it today, but I was, and I am so proud of myself for that. I think I may be on my way back up.
I also got another coaching job! I am so excited about this. I am going to be coaching JO volleyball. I don't know for sure if I will have my own team or if I'll be an assistant, but either way, it's going to be a great opportunity for me. The head of the league coached Division I volleyball for 18 years....at least part, if not at all of that time here at YSU. There are also coaches from Slippery Rock and Westminster on the staff. I am going to learn so much about coaching the game of volleyball. I am so incredibly excited about this opportunity. It's going to fill my schedule a little more, but that's ok, I could use that right now. I will have practice every Sunday until March, and then I will have ten tournaments. The tournaments are mostly on Sundays, I may have a couple weekend long tournaments too. This is going to be so much fun!
So then...the day got a lot worse. Kendra and her boyfriend basically broke up tonight. I mean, they're getting together on Friday to talk about it, but it seems like it's over. Tomorrow (well, technically today) is their year and a half anniversary. I swear, my friends and I are cursed or something. Seriously. I also think it may be National Guys Suck Month or National Break a Girls Heart Month. Ok, here at school, there is basically a group of seven of us that hang out all the time. Of those seven...six of us have been broken up with/hurt in the past month. What is that? Honestly, I'm starting to lose faith in the male species. Not even including what happened with my relationship, just seeing what's happening with all of my best friends. I hate to see them hurting the way they are. I love these girls so much, and my heart breaks when their hearts break. It's weird. Last Wednesday, I was sobbing. I mean...couldn't sit up straight, whole body shaking, sobbing. And I remember how Yager and Kendra were sitting there, and they were trying so hard to make me feel better, but it was like, nothing they said could help. And then tonight, the roles were completely reversed. I tried to think of what I would have wanted them to say to me last week, and I couldn't think of a single thing. There's nothing you really can say. I wanted so badly to just take all of Kendra's hurt away, and I couldn't. It's so hard to watch a friend struggle like that. I don't know. And I don't know what I don't know...lol. This is just a rough time for all of us girls right now. Thank God we have each other to lean on.

**Quote of the Day**
"When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares." ~Henri Nouwen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home