
Quit complaining about how bad you have it. You have food. You have clothing. You have a place to live. Stop whining. There are people worse off than you. Whatever problems you have will get better. They may get worse first, but they will get better. God is bigger than your problems. Those that do not know Jesus see you complaining. They think to themselves, "Jeez, I'm better off than they are. Why would I want what they have?"
So I saw this on my brother's blog, and decided to post it on mine to remind myself. I don't know that his blog was really directed to me, but it was a message I needed to read. I've been doing really well this week, but tonight, I haven't had the best of nights. Today was an extremely long day (6 a.m. to 12 a.m.- all filled with class and work), so I think most of the problem is that I'm just tired, but still- I'm more blessed than I realize sometimes. I just have to think- MathFest will be over next week...at this time next week, MathFest will be over!!! I won't be working my tail off all the time! :) And there are only four more weeks left in the semester before I get to move back home for a little while. There is definitely a lot to be happy about. Well...I'm going to try and put the smile back on my face and thank God for all of the good He is doing in my life. God is good, all the time- even if I'm not seeing it. He knows what He's doing.
**Quote of the Day**
"Well one more night I'd like to lie and hold you To make you smile, I'd like to be there for you. Have you forgotten me? And the days go by, doing nothing about them. How much time, will I have to spend?My mind won't rest and I don't sleep, not even in my dreams. If you ever did believe for my sake. If you ever did believe..." -Stevie Nicks
-Well I guess it should really be "song lyric" of the day...but oh well. This song just kind of fit my mood tonight. Definitely hasn't been my mood all week, but I'm tired and cranky, so it's my mood...lol.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home