Summer is FINALLY OVER
I'm ready for school to start. I'm ready for a change in scenery and I'm ready for a change in routine. Not that my stress level is actually going to decrease or anything... in fact, it's probably going to increase... a lot. But I just need more things to keep my busy. I don't like having extra time on my hands.
This past month has not been good. Four weeks ago today my Grandpa went in to get his knee replaced. He was supposed to get out that Sunday, but his heart rate was going a little crazy, so they wanted to keep him another night. Since then, he has been jaundice twice, they found three huge stomach ulcers, he started bleeding internally and had to get emergency surgery and part of his small intestine was removed, he got a staph infection in his blood, and now he is on continuous dialysis because his kidneys stopped working. It's just been such a long road. He's been in ICU for two weeks now... and for the past week he has been in I guess what you could call an induced coma. He's really heavily sedated. He doesn't respond to us at all... just sleeps all the time. It's tough... one day they tell us he's getting better, then the next day they're not sure he's going to make it. I'm really drained...
I also am pretty messed up when it comes to relationships with the opposite sex. Quite frankly, I would be a horrible girlfriend right now, so I'm really not interested.
I moved all my stuff into the dorms today. I'm happy to be back. I'm really going to miss my family though. We just laugh so much when we're together... I miss that already actually. I was talking to my sister online tonight, and I was just wishing that I could have been there joking around with her and my mom and dad. Last night, my mom and sister and I sat up talking and laughing for over an hour. We were laughing so hard that my abs started hurting... good times... :D
Lauren and I went to Columbus this past weekend just to get away. It was fantastic. I really needed to get away. It was so relaxing, and retail therapy is always nice :) I'm poor now, but it was worth it! Overall... it was just a really good time. She is one of the best friends I have ever had. We talked about a lot this weekend, and she was more understanding and caring than I ever could have hoped for. And we did some really neat stuff... like the Columbus Museum of Art and some of the shops we went to... speaking of which... I saw the most AMAZING Victoria's Secret EVER!!!! And you won't believe it... but I actually went in and didn't buy a single thing. I was very proud of myself... lol.
Well I have a long couple of days coming up... I need to get going.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home